- Honors & Awards
- Music Festival
Americana Music Festival 2013
September 18th - September 22nd
“The shining star of Nashville and music everywhere.”– Emmylou Harris
Our marquis event, the Americana Honors & Awards Show returned to the historically cool Ryman Auditorium on September 12, 2012. It was once again hosted by the iconic Jim Lauderdale, while the All Star Band was led by the phenomenal Buddy Miller.
Each year the Americana Music Association honors distinguished members of the music community. Six member-voted awards and several Lifetime Achievement Awards are handed out while over 2000 artists, music-loving fans and entertainment industry executives look on.
The Honors & Awards have featured many amazing moments over the years. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash’s last live performance was on the Americana stage. Artists such as The Carolina Chocolate Drops. Robert Plant & His Band of Joy, Steve Earle & Allison Moorer, Rosanne Cash and John Fogerty have brought our audience’s to their feet.
Click here to find a history of the Americana Honors & Awards.
2012 Americana Music Association Honors & Awards Winners
Instrumentalist of the Year: Dave Rawlings
Album of the Year: This One’s For Him: A Tribute to Guy Clark; produced by Tamara Saviano and Shawn Camp
Song Of The Year: “Alabama Pines”; Written by Jason Isbell and performed by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Emerging Artist of the Year: Alabama Shakes
Artist of the Year: Gillian Welch
Duo/Group of the Year: The Civil Wars
Lifetime Achievement for Performance: Bonnie Raitt
Lifetime Achievement Award for Instrumentalist: Booker T. Jones
Lifetime Achievement Award for Songwriting: Richard Thompson
Lifetime Achievement Award for Executive: Dennis Lord
FAQ: NOMINATIONS PROCESS
NOMINATIONS PROCESS FOR BEST OF AMERICANA 2012-2013
Below are some important dates and information on the Awards nomination and election process.
The eligibility period for the Americana Music Association’s “Of The Year” categories runs from April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013.
You MUST be a member of the Americana Music Association in good standing to participate in the Nomination and Election process. If you are not a member, artists may join at the rate of $35 per year. If you are an industry professional the rate is $75 per year. Click here to join if you are not a member already.
The process for nominations will formally begin on Monday March 18th and will go through Friday March 29th. At that time, all members will be sent a “Call for Nominees” email and the formal election process will be announced later in April. The winners will not be announced until the Americana Honors & Awards presentation at the Ryman Auditorium in September 2013.
Below is the Criteria for each of the following categories
1. Album of the Year – Americana albums released during the eligibility period.
2. Song of the Year - Americana songs released from Albums released during the eligibility period.
3. Artist of the Year – An Artist who has had an exemplary year based on overall recognition and activity whether through album, song, radio airplay, publicity, touring, or other criteria within the eligibility period.
4. Emerging Artist of the Year – Solo artist, duo, or group having an exemplary year and first blush of national public awareness through overall recognition and activity, whether through album, song, radio airplay, sales, publicity, touring, or other criteria during eligibility period who has not previously been nominated in any category.
5. Duo/Group of the Year - Duo/Group - have had an exemplary year based on overall recognition and activity, whether through album, song, radio airplay, publicity, touring, or other criteria within the eligibility period.
6. Instrumentalist of the Year : An award given to a collaborative musician having an exemplary year within the eligibility period based on overall recognition and activity, whether through work on an album, song, touring, or other criteria.
AGAIN, ONLY ACTIVE AMERICANA MUSIC ASSOCIATION MEMBERS MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE NOMINATION PROCESS.
FAQ: AWARD SHOW TICKETS:
How do I purchase and award show ticket?
At this time award show tickets are available to conference registrants only. Tickets for the general public will go on sale via the Ryman Auditorium and Ticketmaster later in the year.
What do I wear?
This is not a black tie event. Most people are attending evening showcases after the award show, so we recommend you dress comfortably for an evening out on the town. Casual chic always works!
Where do I pick up my award show ticket(s)?
Tickets will be available for pick up at the Americana registration desk during designated times as indicated on your confirmation letter or at the Ryman box office day of show. If you purchased a conference registration, your tickets will be included with your conference credentials. Award show tickets will NOT be mailed to you.
Are award show tickets refundable?
Can I pick my seat for the award show?
All seats are assigned at the discretion of the Americana Music Association. Seating is done on a first come first served basis, with priority going to sponsors, award show VIPs and conference attendees. You may request main floor or balcony.
Can I request seating with friends?
Yes. We ask that you make your request in a timely fashion. There will not be any last minute seating changes.
What happens if I lose my award show ticket?
You will have to purchase another.
Can I use my ticket stub to attend the evening showcases?
No. You will need a laminate badge or an evening showcase wristband.
Will I receive a confirmation letter indicating a purchase was made?
Yes. We ask that you bring the letter with you when pick up your tickets.
Is there a shuttle bus?
The buses will be outside the Ryman Auditorium to take you to the evening showcase venues. You must be wearing a wristband or a laminate badge in order to board.